Monday, July 13, 2009

lollipop topiary

i thought i would share one of the projects i just finished up for ella's party today...it's a lollipop topiary! :)  i love that it's all candy, and bright colors!  ella's eyes light up everytime she looks at it! :)

i started with these zip-a-dee mini pops i bought from candy warehouse...

and a two-tier topiary i bought from crafts, etc.
it makes things so much easier to cut the sticks in half
ella..my little helper
i stuck them in both of the balls and then the bottom part too
 ella is demonstrating
it took exactly two bags of the lollis...
it is relatively simple to make...just time consuming
i stuck it in a pink pot and wrapped it in tulle...and tied it in a knot.

it's hard to tell, but i wrapped it in pink and white tulle.
whimsical. *check*  cheery. *check* childhood memories. *check* candyland. *check* colorful.*check* ella loves it (biggest priority) *check*

13 comments:

Genn said...

How cute! You are so creative. Love the pinwheels too.

Janelle Nelson said...

I Love it!!

DeBran said...

this is great!

sarah said...

i love them ! i cant wait to see everything all together at one time!

Rhonda said...

Ok! That is the first time I've ever seen one of those--I love it!

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing all these great ideas. My son has asked for a Candy Land party and you've made my work a lot easier. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant memory has become in our every day lives. It's like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB port, lol. I guess it makes sense though, considering how cheap memory has become as of late...

Gahhhhh... I shouldn't be complaining. I can't get through a day without my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted by R4Net for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Kathy said...

I think this is awsome - would be great at a willy wonka party - check out my page - www.squidoo.com/wonka-party - I am linking your lollypop topiary - it is WAY COOL !

Anonymous said...

did you buy the topiary already put together like that? with the 2 balls and rod ? then you just had to buy a pot? please tell me! :)
thanks

Anonymous said...

So cute! Just ordered my supplies for to make 2 for upcoming fundraiser events. THanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

So much fun , great for kids b-day party .

Starreunice said...

Wow!!!! I love it

Anonymous said...

How do you weight it down?